Happy New Year! RUSEEN hopes everyone had a great 2017!
With the New Year comes new resolutions, who’s excited? What will your New Year’s resolution(s) be? One of RUSEEN’s resolutions as a company is to blog about twice a month. Most of us at RUSEEN have no blogging experience so bear with us as we strive to meet our new goal. Our second resolution is to run a 5k together this summer!
We’d also like to share with you some of our personal resolutions and do a quick intro of the employees working in the office every day. This will be the same folks working on our blogging skills.
Personal Resolutions from the Reflective Apparel Team
Let’s start with the oldest and wisest, Mike. Mike pops in and out of the office and overseas everything. He’s always keeping busy and even at 63 is the most active of us all. He runs and bikes constantly and we could all take some motivation lessons from him! Here are some of Mike’s New Year’s resolutions for 2018:
- Run with friends multiple times a week
- Keep up with the “young bucks” on their fancy bikes 🚴
- Bike to more breweries and visit more rail trails
- Go camping more often
Then there’s Jill, she has been at the office since day one. Now happily married she has the cutest little one year old named Mazie (I may be biased, I’m her Auntie 😁 ). Jill has a bunch of New Year’s resolutions, here are a few:
- Run with the kiddo in a stroller
- Eat a salad a day for 30 days to start off a health kick
- Donate more to local causes and charities
- Spend more time meditating
Next up is Amy, always the first one in the office in the morning. She likes to start off her day way before I even think is possible (and somehow she manages to get to the gym many mornings before work). Amy is the one in the office making our reflective apparel and shipping it out, as well as a host of other jobs. Some of her resolutions for 2018 are:
- Eat more healthy home cooked meals
- Run more 5k’s and even a longer race (2017 was her first 5k)
- Work on that insomnia problem! 🛌 😴
- Get back to riding the bike to work in the warmer months
Michele, that’s me! I always find it harder to write about myself, so I’ll keep it simple. I bring my dog Nala to work every day. She’s kinda the shop mascot, even the mailman asks where she is if she’s not in. I schedule the expos for everyone and travel to them as well. I have some different New Year’s resolutions:
- Stop biting my cheek. (I know it’s weird but it annoys me so much that I do it 😳 )
- Get some good solid training in and break a 19 min 5k
- Run with Nala more and get her out to do a doggie race
- Drink more water!
- Use my road bike that’s collecting dust in the garage.
Nick, the newest member of RUSEEN. Nick fills a big void at RUSEEN, he handles all of our marketing efforts and designs clothing and ads for us. We’re so happy to have him here! Some of Nick’s resolutions include:
- Getting out more to do parkour
- Practice his hockey skills more 🏒
- Excel in his career
- Exercise more consistently through the year
- Get a place of his own
Last but not least we have Nala my 6 year old boxer. That’s right, I couldn’t help but include Nala since she’s a dedicated employee. Nala likes to come to work everyday and sleep on her dog bed by the door. When it’s sunny she enjoys laying out front in the sun, summer or winter. Her other favorite activities including coming in and out of the office constantly, (having only me open the door for her, haha), and barking at the leaves blowing in the neighbors yard. She frequents the creek in the neighbors yard and likes to get muddy feet. I would like to assume that her New Year’s resolutions include a long, long list of yummy treats, plus:
- Eat more steak and other well seasoned meats
- Go on more dog walks 🐾
- Avoid getting poked in the eye by Mazie and rammed with her walker
- Get pet more often by everyone she sees
- Go to more events with her mom and not get left at home
Running into the New Year
I’d like to thank everyone who has read my first blog. I hope to keep up with my resolutions for the entire year. I’ll try and fill everyone in on all of the resolutions later in the year.
RUSEEN values our customers and hope everyone has a great 2018! We would not be here without you and for that reason we’d like to give you 30% off most regular priced apparel with code “2018Resolutions”.
Once again, thank you so much for being loyal customers of RUSEEN Reflective Apparel and please use the 30% off code. We truly hope you stick to your resolutions and soar high this year! Feel free to share your goals with us in the comments section below!